Monday, August 2, 2010

I DO have a choice

I know you may think I am too young to say this just yet, but : I've struggled with not wanting chlidren for awhile now. I don't ever want kids. I love them, I love being around them and I am great with kids. Absolutely great with them. My kid at heart mode comes out and I'd rather hang with them rather than sit around with boring adults. But I don't ever want to have kids of my own. Am I selfish for this? I don't want to devote all my time to a child or have my privacy taken away because a baby needs for me to hold 'em, or put 'em to sleep or feed them. I just want to be on my own. My family thinks I am crazy for this, and for awhile I started to believe I was crazy too. It makes me feel selfish, I feel like I am doing something just completely wrong. They say I'll ever be happy without children in my life. But aren't there a bunch of kids running around that I can play with?

Confused as I was I decided to turn to google, for maybe a forum on others who didn't want kids. Instead I found a superrrr long essay. I like it. You should read it to.

http://enlightenment.supersaturated.com/essays/text/carolynray/shame_children.html

No comments:

Post a Comment